Things You Don’t Need to Pack
When on holiday do you dread going over the weight limit? Or maybe you are backpacking and you don’t want to carry a heavy load around with you. Well here is a list that suggests things not to pack and hopefully will help you on how you can lighten the load.
- Soap – now a day’s most hotels have soaps in their rooms, if not it isn’t that expensive to buy from the local shops. This also includes shampoo, I would buy a tiny travel bottle when I land and leave it behind once my holiday has finished. If you need or want to take some soap and shampoo, they can be bought in travel sizes.
- Jeans – if you are going on holiday where it is hot, you will not want to wear heavy, bulky clothing also it would be impossible to wash them in a sink if the hotel hasn’t got a laundry room.
- Towels – now this is a item that will be provided by the hotel and something you don’t need to pack. If your hotel doesn’t provide towels why not re use some of your clothes they are something you need to pack and easy to wash and dry or a microfiber towel.
- Jackets – if you are going to a place where it is hot you won’t need a thick winter coat maybe take a thin jacket in case the weather becomes a bit nippy. If you are going somewhere cold then you will need a thicker coat not a thin jacket, take what is suitable for the trip / holiday.
- Expensive Jewellery – Do not take expensive jewellery with you on your trip as you wouldn’t want to be a target of a crime or a victim.
If you don’t agree with this list then please don’t follow it, don’t let this list be do’s and don’ts, if you feel like you really need to take soap and it’s really important to you then buy a travel one. Also leave room in your suitcase for the fun items and souvenirs you purchased on your holidays.
Don’t forget to pack your passport and travel insurance and holiday documents also store them digitally on a USB as a backup.